Think & Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
1. Thought are Things (The Man Who "Thought" his way into Partnership with Thomas A. Edison)
- Psychologists have correctly said that "when one is truly ready for a thing, it puts in its appearance"
- Don’t give up, if you do, that means you don’t really want it. If you do want it, you got to think positive and never give up, til you get what you want.
- Take every opportunity you get.
- Rich comes from the state of mind.
- If you have an idea and you think it "great" don’t back down until you see it happen.
- Since thought are things, we are control of our fate. because, we control our thoughts.
2. Desire (The Starting Point of All Achievement)
- Story of Barnes (Edison’s assistant) tells us that he had that desire to work for Edison, he only gave himself to options, succeed or fail, no other way. That desire, 100% of his mind helped him to get it.
- Six steps that can help transform desire into its financial equivalent:
fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire
determine exactly what you intend to give in return
establish a definite date by which you want to accomplish your goal
create a definite plan for carrying out your desire
write all of this out
read this out loud twice daily, as soon as you wake up and before going to bed
3. Faith (Visualization of, and Belief in Attainment of Desire)
- Faith is the head chemist of the mind
- Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith
- Faith is one of the strongest emotions
- Being faithful to all your actions/ideas, believing in them is extremely powerful in transforming thought into tangible money.
4. Autosuggestion (The Medium for Influencing the Subconscious Mind)**
- Stimulate yourself to the "positive" money making thinking
- Six Steps to Stimulate your subconscious mind:
Go to a quite room and say aloud (so you can hear) all the things from the list from Chapter 2
Repeat this night and morning until you can see the money you intend to accumulate
read it until you memorize it.
## 5. Specialized Knowledge (Personal Experience or Observations)
- It is not only important to get specialized knowledge (knowledge which is specific to what you want to do to earn money (which is very important in fact)), it is crucial to make sure that all the knowledge in your brain is organized and the way you get is also organized.
- Get specific knowledge from:
a) One’s own experience and education
b) Experience and education available through cooperations of others (Master Mind Alliance)
c) Universities d) Public libraries
e) Special training courses (through night schools and home study school in particular)
## 6. Imagination (The Workshop of the Mind)**
- There are 2 types of Imagination:
Synthetic - arrange existing ideas concepts in new combinations
Creative - basic meaning o imagination. When ideas just pop up into your head.
- We want to focus on Synthetic. It is important to practice this skill.
- Imagine yourself with money, what would you do?...
## 7. Organized Planning (The Crystallization of Desire Into Action)**
- Ally yourself with people who may help you to create a plan for money accumulation. If your plan fails try again
- All great fortunes began in the form of compensation for personal services.
- Major Attributes of Leadership:
- Unwavering control
- A keen sense of justice
- Definiteness of decisions
- Definiteness of plans
- The habit of doing more than paid for
- A pleasing personality
- Sympathy and understanding
- Mastery of detail
- Willingness to assume full responsibility 11. Cooperation
- The 10 major causes of failure in leadership
Inability to organize
Unwillingness to render humble service
Expectation of pay for what they "know" instead of what they do with that which they know
Fear of competition from followers 5. Lack of imagination
Emphasis of the "authority"of leadership
Emphasis of title
- When and How to apply for a position
1. Employment bureaus 2. Advertising 3. Personal letters of application 4. Application through personal acquaintances 5. Application in person
- Brief info to supply
- Photo of self
- Apply for a specific position
- State your qualifications
- Offer to go work on probation
- Knowledge of your perspective employers business
- How to Get the exact position you desire
1. decide what job you desire 2. choose a company or individual you want to work for 3. Study your perspective employer 4. Figure out the ways you could help the company, what can you offer 5. Don’t ask for a "job". Tell them what you can offer.
Once you have plan in mind, meet with an experienced writer to put all of this on paper
Present it to the proper person in authority
- Apply the QQS formula as a habit
## 8. Decision (The Mastery of Procrastination)
- Make your own decisions, don’t let anyone think for you (opinions)
## 9. Persistence (The Sustained Effort Necessary to induce Faith)
- Persistence is an essential factor in the procedure of transmuting desire into its monetary equivalent
- "Climb" over your failures
- Train persistence
- Definiteness of purpose
- Self reliance
- Definiteness of plans
- Accurate knowledge
- Will power
- Habit Having those could have great effects on your persistence levels
## 10. Power of the Master Mind (The Driving Force)**
- Where to get the "Master Mind" from:
Infinite Intelligence (from this book)
Accumulated experience (biographies) , could be found in libraries, school, college, etc.
## 11. The Mystery of Sex Transmutation**
- Sex transmutation is switching of the mind from thoughts of physical expression,to thought of some other nature
- The 10 stimuli of the mind
Desire for sex expression
A burning desire for fame
Friendship between either those of the same sex, or those of the opposite sex
A Master Mind alliance based upon the harmony of two or more people who ally themselves fro spiritual or temporal advancement
Mutual suffering, such as that experienced by people who are persecuted
Narcotics and alcohol
- First eight are natural and constructive, whereas last to are destructive
- Where do "hunches" (ideas come from)
1. Infinite intelligence
One’s subconsciousness mind, wherein is stored every sense impression and thought impulse which ever reached the brain through any of the five senses
From the mind of some other person who has just released the thought, or picture of ideas concept, through conscious thought
From the other person’s subconscious storehouse
- To get the sixth sense (creative imagination) try closing your eyes for a few minutes and just listen to the voice inside
- A lot of drive (brain stimulation (ideas)) come from the sexual desire (women). Many great people were driven to do the things they did by their wives girlfriends, etc.
- Basically, this chapter says: "Get a women, find your true love"
## 12. The Subconscious Mind (The Connecting link)**
- It is not possible to control your subconscious mind fully, but you can maximize that skill by doing the instructions form Autosuggestion chapter
- Subconscious mind acts accord to your habits, changing or remaining the positive habits will make your subconscious mind work positively
13. The Brain (A broadcasting and Receiving Station for Thought)
- "ANYBODY can wish for riches, and most people do, but only a few know that a definite plan, plus a burning desire
## 14. The Sixth Sense (The Door to the Temple of Wisdom)
- Sixth Sense is a principle thorough which the Infinite Intelligence may and will communicate voluntarily without any effort from the individual.
## 15. The Six Ghosts of Fear
The six basic fears are: 1. The fear of poverty (This is the most destructive fear) 2. The fear of criticism 3. The fear of ill health 4. The fear of loss of love of someone 5. The fear of old age 6. The fear of death