Lesson 3: How to analyse the traffic potential and ranking difficulty of a keyword
3.1 - How to test your article ideas for “search demand”
- Newby bloggers' biggest mistake is to write about things that no one is looking for.
- The more detail a post has the more clocks it will get. i.e. Better Content = More Search Traffic
3.4 - How to determine your chances to rank in Google
- Think of links to your site as votes. The more pages with a link to your page the more chances you have appearing on the front page of google.
- Check search Volume of your topic idea
- Estimate total search traffic potential
- Identify the "parent" topic (if any)
- Look at the number of linking website.
Lesson 4: How to find great content ideas with high business value
4.1 - How to discover great content ideas by studying your niche
- Even Reddit can be a great place to find ideas to blog about. If you go to a subreddit for your desired topic, see what people are voting for or are asking about.
- Don't forget about the exercise from Lesson 3
4.2 - How to generate keyword ideas using keyword research tools